- User-Centered and Research-Based Changes: Over 200 participants, including current and prospective students, faculty and staff, were involved in our web research studies.
- Improved Accessibility: Based on our accessibility audit conducted in fall 2019, improvements were made to bring our site up to WCAG 2.1 requirements, ensuring all who come to our site are able to access the information they need.
- Intuitive Navigation: Refined navigation based on data and user testing, including a revamped main menu, header, footer, and a search button that reveals the search bar along with links to the most commonly searched terms.
- Adaptable and Agile: The back-end of the home page was redeveloped so that we can more easily make incremental improvements to the website as needed.
- Dynamic Content: Features such as dynamic news feeds were created so that we can distribute our news blog content to the home page and throughout the site more easily.
- Modern Design and Brand Alignment: New design elements and “snippets” were developed that allow us to distinguish our site from other colleges while reinforcing our brand identity and adding depth and energy to the site.
Home page design, content, main site navigation, and footer.
Notable navigation changes
1. Class schedule - moved to the hero (main section above the fold) so that both prospective and current students can easily locate the link on both mobile and desktop platforms.
You can also find the class schedule in the Academics drop-down tab, on the Current Students page, and in the Registration section of the site.
2. News & Events - We've removed the news & events drop-down menu due to low engagement and replaced it with a Student Support menu. You can find the link to the theater, campus events calendar, and news blog in the Campus Life drop-down menu.
3. Student Support menu - We replaced the news & events drop down with a Student Support dropdown. That section will include links to : Academic & Tutoring Support, e-learning & canvas support, Technical Support Services, Funding & Aid, Veterans Support, and Student Accessibility Services.
4. Next two quarter start dates displayed in the hero under the class schedule link.
Preview of new home page