How to access & edit your page:
1. Visit the specific page you want to edit on our website. You can do this by typing the url directly into your browser, or by doing a search for the page in our search bar.
2. Once you're on the page you want to edit, scroll down to the footer (bottom) of the page.
Click on the copyright symbol to access the login page
3. Use your shoreline network username & password to login (if you're not a shoreline employee, use the username & password provided when your account was created).
The click the "log In" button
NOTE: You can only edit pages that you've bene given permissions to edit. Permissions are given to edit pages or sections on the site by the web manager. In order to get permissions to a section/page, you must have your department or division manager send a request to email@example.com for you to be given editing rights to a certain page or section.
POSSIBLE ERROR NOTIFICATIONS
This file is checked out to________
This means that the file is being worked on by someone else. Try contacting the person who is listed as working on the file to coordinate editing the document.
If PIO is named as the person who has the file, then you should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You do not have the proper permissions to read this page.
This means you don't have access to edit the page. You can gain access by having your director or dean submit a request to email@example.com. We will confirm with the current manager of the page that it's ok to provide you with access.
4. Click on EDIT button at the top left corner of the page
NOTE: In some instances, you will already be in edit mode. If the button is already white, then it's already been activated.
5. Press the green "EDIT MAIN CONTENT" button that appears in the body of the page (there may be multiple edit main content buttons depending on how your page is designed. If so, find the one closest to the content you want to edit)
IMPORTANT - SHIFTING LAYOUT: Don’t get stressed if you see the layout of the page instantly change when you click on edit content button. Our site is built on what is known as transformation tables so that the content will be responsive when viewed on different devices. This is most noticeable when editing pages with multiple columns, contact us bar and accordions.
Contact box in preview mode:
Contact box in edit mode:
IMPORTANT - LEFT NAVIGATION: Only those with administrative privileges are able to edit the left navigation pane. Please do not try to edit that part of your page. If you need to make changes to that menu, please contact your department or division manager and have them make the request to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Make your changes (for more detailed info on how to make specific changes, please see instructions related to the types of changes you are making).
IMPORTANT: If you are making text changes, do not try to reformat any of the current text to a new font, color or heading style without proper training and permissions from web support.
If you want to change those settings, please contact email@example.com for consultation.
7. Once you've made your changes, save your page by clicking on the disk icon in the top left toolbar.
8. Run a scan of your page for broken links and spelling errors by selecting the Page Check button (it is the button with a checkbox in the menu above WYSIWYG menu.
IMPORTANT: While OU Campus allows you to check for accessibility issues, we ask that only those with training in web accessibility try to remediate the accessibility errors. The only accessibility errors that should be addressed by general users are those related to header nesting. Other errors should be addressed by the web team.
Learn more about header nesting (coming soon)
9. Submit your page for approval by pressing the green Submit button at the top of the page.
IMPORTANT – ADDITIONAL CHANGES: You will not be able to access the page once it's been submitted for approval until after the review process. Once the page is reviewed by web support, and either approved or declined, then you will be able to make additional edits to the page.
10. Make sure to include the following notes in your submit message:
Subject – a summary of the changes you've made (eg: changed heading text, changed contact information, added new links). If this is a change that needs to take place immediately, please include "URGENT" in your subject line.
Message – Your message should include notes on any of the following:
- Deadlines – does this need to be reviewed or published by a certain deadline? If so, what is the deadline?
- Any errors that showed up in your page check that you were unable to address on your own.
IMPORTANT: It may take 24-48 hours to approve your changes. If your changes are urgent issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
Note: If you have direct publish rights for a particular page/section of the site, you will see an option to PUBLISH instead of submit. Once published, you can immediately see your changes on the site.
Editing additional pages
There are 2 ways to edit additional pages
LOG OUT & LOG IN
Log out of your account
Visit the next page you want to edit
Follow the steps outlined above
If you're comfortable navigating a file browser in a content management system, you can use the pages menu to find additional pages that you need to edit.
Once you've located the page that you need to edit in the file browser, click on the page name to enter the page for editing.
IMPORTANT ACCESS: You are only able to access pages that appear as a blue link.
You'll then follow the steps from the top of this page, starting at step number 4.